Answer honestly and try not to appear cool — it doesn’t work amongst friends. After answering, tag those whose musical taste you wish to know more about.
- What are you listening to right now?
As I’m writing this, I am listening to “What Would You Have Me Say” by Blue Sandcastle .
However, if you want to know what I’m listening to right now, you can look at my playlist.
- As a teenager, what was a band you were ashamed to admit to liking?
As a very young teen, it was Men at Work. Later, all of my friends and I were into “Alternative” music, but I still really liked Dire Straits too.
- And today?
Wow, there’s so much to be embarrassed by. One that comes to mind is Avril Lavigne. I got exposed when Carl’s daughters were teenagers and it just stuck.
- Have you had dreams about bands or artists?
I’m sure I have, but I can’t think of any.
- What was your first gig attended?
It was either the Ramones at Spit or 10,000 Maniacs at Malibu, but my first big-arena concert was The Alarm opening for Pat Benatar at Nassau Coliseum.
- Which living artist have you not seen, but desperately want to?
I can’t think of any, but I’ll let you know.
- Which artist or what band would you like to resurrect and see live?
Haven’t they all regrouped already?
- Which song/riff/solo would you like to learn to play and sing just right?
I don’t play or sing, so being able to play or sing anything even poorly would rock my world.
- How many records do you own, or how many songs do you have in your iTunes?
There are 5796 songs in my iTunes right now, but about a thousand of them are not in rotation.